Saturday, May 21, 2011

it's friday

I was asked to call Friday to check the result. If result is not in, will have to check again the following Friday. It was Friday.



My supervisor's boss called me, Thursday afternoon. Boss J.D. knows me since I was still a hatchling in the program, it was also her whom I am talking to about my leave and which she didn't give me much grief about. The problem was, the medical certificate I submitted indicated only for two weeks and that it was not process. Boss J.D. said she have not seen the certificate. She also told me that my supervisor said that he have tried calling me but I was not answering. I have not receive any miscall from my supervisor and proving so, when Boss J.D. called I answered immediately. The call was that I have a pending return to work order already. I have to go back to work or if I still can't, I have to submit supporting medical documents that will say that I still can't go back to work as I am still sick.

I don't have any document as if you would read back, I was kicked out of Medical City and since then I have not been seeing any doctor and it was only Monday that I went to take the test, which is highly confidential.

I have two options to resolve the issue. I tender my resignation or come clean to them. The thing is, even if I force myself back to work, I would still have to explain why have not been coming to work after my 2 weeks PLA, and why have I not been calling. Where are the documents proving that I am still sick.

I came to the office 3 am. I went to Boss J.D.'s office and there we talked. And indeed, without supporting medical document, she have no choice but to ask me back to work. So, I told her, if that would be the case, I would have to tender my resignation. She was not amiable with that, going as far as telling me that I am one of her favorites. And that she knew there was something. “May hindi ka sinasabi, ano problema? di kita matutuongan kung di mo sasabihin sa akin. (You are not telling me something, what's the problem? I would not be able to help you, if you won't tell me)”.

We always have an open door policy and they took it literally, all our bosses office door are kept open except for important meetings. Boss J.D. closed the door and started crying. I told her what happened when I got confined at Medical City and how my stay was cut short. How I was supposed to go to RITM to get tested but didn't go until just last Monday. I told her everything, I don't want came over me. I guess, since I have not talked about it with anyone, and just keeping to myself, it burst.

After calming me down, she told me that this won't come out but there would be 2 other people that would have to know about this, first would be her boss, the program manager, Boss D.B. and the site director whom I have not met. She message Boss D.B. who was in a meeting. Boss J.D. said that I need to stick around the office as she knows Boss D.B. would want to talk to me personally.

An hour later, I was at Boss D.B.'s office. She knows about HIV, she was after all a nurse and though she have been on the call center industry for quite sometime already and have worked her way up to her position, she have kept herself up to date with the latest with the medical field. She gave me a prep talk, about the importance of support groups, and that it is not the end of the world. I would overcome this ordeal. She said she understand the emotional turmoil that I am having right now, and that she does not want me to be subjected to further stress at work. She granted me a month of Leave and we are to take it from there.

One thing that bothered me, she mentioned that as per the company's code of conduct, I would have to declare, if ever I am, that I am HIV+. She said that all communicable disease should be declared. She explained that I don't have to announce it on the floor, but HR have to know, my supervisor have to know, and if someone asked, I have to tell them.

There is a law against that but I didn't discuss it with her and just choose to shut up about it.




To what I know, understand, in my readings, the initial test would be to check for 2 antibodies. This antibodies are produced by the body if it gets infected by HIV. So, it is the first thing they check, if they don't find any of the 2 antibodies in the blood, it gives a strong indication that you are not infected. And that if it were the case no further testing is required and you are declared negative or I think that term they use is non-reactive. If they find those 2 antibodies on the blood, the blood sample is sent to San Lazaro Hospital for confirmatory testing. So, if I call and my test result is available, chances are, I'm negative or non-reactive, if the test result is not yet available, likelihood is my blood sample have been sent to San Lazaro for further testing.

2:30 pm, I called RITM. The test result is not yet available. The lady I spoke with asked me when did I took the test, I told her Monday, she said it takes two weeks for results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...