Monday, June 13, 2011

confinement

The Britney—the dog, I found in the ditch last December—is howling, like the Angel of Death is just around the corner... I just got back here in Pasig, we got home last night from 2 weeks confinement at RITM (Research Institute For Tropical Medicine). I celebrated my last year on the calendar in the hospital.

I rushed myself to RITM, May 27, 2011 (Friday), 2nd week after I took the HIV test. I will have myself confined and finally be taken care of. A little worried about how will I pay for my hospitalization, but then I have no choice. I am no longer eating, everything that I put in my mouth, I flash it out, and the fever persist. Everyday.

So, I went to Miss Ana. I don't who Miss Ana is at RITM, but she is pretty much respected, everybody knows her. All I know is she takes care of TB and HIV patients and their medications. She knew I was coming, I was text messaging Bobby, the NGO, and Dr. Ditangko. They warn me about RITM won't admit me without a guardian, if I am alone. But then Bobby said he would find away to get someone. And plus, they can't turn me away, I was running a 39 degree fever.

Ms. Ana went to the lab to check on the results. No results yet. Ms. Ana said to the doctor it was sent already to San Lazaro, does, indeed I am positive for HIV. The doctor noted in the middle of her interview to me, it was a long interview, other people running a 39 degree fever will not be able to handle it, good thing I am not like any other people.

After that long interview, I was to be admitted. They walked me to the emergency room and there, another long interview with the same questions, like really. I was wheel chaired to the lab, blood extracted for various test. Bought back to the emergency, paper works are manually written. And as I was waiting, I realized, nobody is asking me what room I want. I mean, do I want a TV in my room, with aircon or not, something like that. I was worried they would put me on a ward, with lots of other sick people. The doctor assured me, I will have my own room.

Indeed, I have my own room. I was in isolation. And, there is just the patient bed, then another bed. Bathroom, sink. A fan in one corner. The pillow... no blanket... I was crying when I was left there. Then dinner was served, dinner was sinigang na bangus. I don't eat bangus, I was so hungry, I had no choice. I took 3-4 spoon of rice and the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...