Monday, January 30, 2012

Page 30 of 366

8:00 am: TB meds, 3 tabs, 21 left/7 days to go. ARV: zido/lami


uy... may nagbasa ng blog ko... hahahahahahahahahaha! at mega comment siya... 

reply ako... pero lintik (excuse my language but they deserve it!) na Globe Broadband (okay lang, di naman me bayad, si pinsan) paputolputol signal... tipong ano 'to, prepaid cellphone call, palaging drop call!?! Ang haba nung reply ko, pero nung click ko publish, ayun nawala!!!

So, I thought... I just blog about it... major tamad me magbasa kasi now with my tooth being a bitch and all... wa, masyado entry... and NO, I AM NOT GOING TO SEE A DENTIST!!! NO WAY!!! kasi sa kanila lang ako ngumanga ng di nasarapan!!! lolz

Yes, dentist, me no likey!!!

anyway, here is the comment... Page 29 of 366...

Okay, and I say... thank you if you find my blog informative and I must agree not fun to read though... may pagkaboring... scary at times... I know, try to make it fun... but I guess HIV/AIDS is not really a laughing matter... not a good material for comedy...

Anyhow, you have a handful of questions... your first question, I didn't associate my CD4 count to how long had I have the virus... well, back then I was not really thinking about it, as I was keeping my HIV status under wraps... I didn't want anyone to know including my parents who were there with me in the hospital... for them I was a TB patient, and that was because I smoke then and works on a graveyard shift... and so that was the story I was sticking with... no talks about HIV, it was noted on my files, the doctors can't even mention it...

And I don't think you can associate CD4 count, how low or how high it is, to how long have you been infected already... I'm not sure... would have to research on that and I think warrants another blog entry... all I know was that I don't get sick prior to this... although at the back of my mind... since I have an active, very promiscuous, sex life... I had the virus already for awhile that I started requiring wearing condoms, not afraid I will get infected but I might infect them...

I should have my CD4 last December... CD4 count should be checked every every 6 months but it cost 3000 pesos, I am a little tight on money, being jobless and all, so I have not taken another CD4 count yet...

Now with TB meds counter acting with ARV... I don't know about that, but I was admitted May 27, 2011 at RITM, my CD4 count that showed I only have 22, thus I am stage 4 AIDS, was out before June... I was confirmed with TB June 3, started TB meds immediately... was out of the hospital June 10... went back June 17 for check up... and it was only then did I start ARV treatment...

I was told though that I have to start TB meds first, treat TB first, before taking ARV... don't really understand that part...

Now basing on your questions, I assume you also tested positive with the virus... If you are, I must tell you, not really an expert on the subject... not even a good support person... but add me at twitter: @casuallypositiv and you would find that I am part of a PLHIV community and you are welcome to join in sa aming kulitan and if you need help or whatever... maraming handang tumulong...




1 comment:

  1. thanks for answering. yap, sa san lazaro me diagnosed late nov found it through med test to become an ofw, not anymore :[... libre nmn ang cd4, why do u have 2 pay? i know eventually we will through philhealth? i mean im paying that now. nde ba libre sa ritm? u can pull through like almost everyone else's if you stick in the regime but there are plhiv i heard about or confined that has gotten late diagnose, unfortunately obvious u know what happen to them. there were even an MD and RN that have acquired this but were @ 1st in denial which almost killed them. i spoke to some of them there. i heard that sl has a bigger patient pop than any other centers. ye, i read your blog fanatically and other plhiv's pnoy blog whenever i have time. there are a lot of newer ones too. its sad. its alarming for our kind. hoping that therell be a vaccine sooner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...