Saturday, August 18, 2012

just when things started to look up

I had it before... it was after Davao... and it simply just went away...

Now...

It started before the monsoon rain... I remember it was Saturday... I just woke up with it... slight discomfort lang... but you must understand, mataas talaga ang tolerance ko sa pain... so pasok lang ako, hoping it will go away soon... but then it didn't... it got worst... and I am in a point na di na tumatalab ang pain reliever and even laying down does not help... standing up is an agony... more so walking... and I feel my neuropathy is getting worst...

Self diagnosis... with the help of google... sciatic nerve pain... let me define...

Sciatica is the biggest nerve in the body... it run from the pelvic bone, attached to the spinal cord, running down the lumbar area, at the back of your legs where it branches out... when the sciatica nerve get irritated and flares up, it would cause pain running down your lower back to the back of your legs and even to your knees... the irritation is caused by some factors but mainly by lumbar disc herniation... basically, may na disalign sa spina column ko... causing pressure to the sciatic nerve and thus the excruciating pain...

Still, as per my research... 90% of the cases resolves itself on its own... but it does take time... we are talking up to 3 weeks to months... and that it would be very painful... bed rest is not advise, as it needed to be exercised or risk muscle weakness... pain reliever is prescribed for pain like ibuprofen and aspirin for the pain... home remedy includes hot and cold compress... 

Not working for me...

I have been absent at work for 4 days already... going to the bathroom alone is a challenge for me, getting up in bed is agonizing... changing position in bed is simply insane... imagine me trying to get a jeepney ride to work...

Resign from work is on the table, or so I would like to think... I don't want to... but somehow, despite prayers... I think I am leading that way...

Just took naproxen... hope it saves the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...