Tuesday, August 21, 2012

money rules

I am broke... that will a test how credible this entry would be... and that you may stop reading...

But to those who would insist... this are a few rules about how to handle your money... not totally original, I picked up most from other people, and that I try to live within this rules when it comes to money... mayhaps, you might pick up some tips...

The first rule about money is what Suze Orman... heard of her, if not, hit google... anyhow, she always say, first rule about money is that people comes first... people would always comes first before money... regardless how much or less money you have... people would always comes first... your relationship with them, their health... their happiness... it should always be considered... and by people, it includes you... and that any rules there is you or whoever about money should be over ruled by this... people come first...

Another rule that I follow is... if I don't have the money on hand or readily available to me, that means I don't have it... this is, sure, I show up at work everyday and that surely, I would get paid  but as long as my pay is not in my payroll bank account, I don't consider it yet as my money... This is a classic you saw something you like in the mall a few days before you get paid... a shirt, a bag... a shoe... or a gadget... and that it is totally out of the budget... and that you go ahead still buy it reasoning to your self that you would get paid in a few days... don't... specially if you are to use a credit card... NO...

That is another rule... if you don't have the money on hand to buy something... chances are you really can't afford it... trust me on that... although, there are some big acquisitions that does require getting a loan or a credit... like buying a living space, a car... or some really expensive gadget like a laptop... the key to that is to make sure you have enough money in savings to cover it for three to six months... because just encase...

Another rule that I live by is I spend the extra money from the previous pay out... so if a splurge on 25th... the money I used it what I have managed to save from the 10th pay out...

Always check on the things that take care of your future... look at your pay slip... you would see there you are deducted for SSS, for your PagIbig fund, and PhilHealth... make sure and verify that this deductions have been remitted and that it is up to date... and that avoid unnecessary loans or claim... like when I got hospitalized... I was told not to file claim for disability to my SSS... this is mainly because SSS would be my pension plan... same goes with your PagIbig Fund... with PhilHealth, it would be a good idea if you take care of it on your own... specially for people like us... just pay annually... the cost is very minimal...

Now the tricky part... family and friends... family most specially... you have to do your obligation... pay your debt... and that at most of the case the number 1 rule about money should always apply... people first before money... and that you have to sort out your priorities... of course, you can not give what you don't have... you need to draw the line there, if you have to barrow money... but well, as much as possible, it is family and that we should give back... but you know when you can no longer breath... 

Now with lending money... never expect to be paid back... specially if it is a family or a friend who is borrowing money... mainly, the logic why they are borrowing money is because they don't have money... what you are expecting the money you lend them be doubled...? If so, have it in writing... otherwise, never expect they would pay back... thus, you only lend money if it is indeed an extra money, meaning excess... meaning you don't need it and thus can afford to give it away... and that it would be a good idea not to ask for it...

But again, let me reiterate... the first rule... people first before money... all the rules in money should be over ruled by this rule... people first before money... because money, you can earn it... but people... once it is gone, it is gone and that no matter what you do or how hard you work or how much money you gain... you wouldn't have them back... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...