Friday, June 17, 2011

check up

As I said, I have no choice but to fight back. I can't just accept that I am dying. There is no fun to that, just wasting away. I may get disappointed after disppointment but I guess that will be part of the emotional roller coaster I am in.

All they know is that I am a TB patient. HIV is far from anyone psyche. But apparently, because of my TB, I am no longer welcome at home, in Marikina. My cousin avoids talking to me, they don't use the bathroom I use, and though I have really separate utensils and plate and caps and whatnot, they wanted it really separate.

I have no choice. I have to leave for Davao. Davao, whom I know no one, which I don't speak the dialect.


I just need to stay in Marikina for 1 week as my doctor wanted to see me after a week. That's today.

Doc noticed, I did gain 5 kg since the last time, I was weighted only 45kg. He congratulate me on that, giving him confidence to allow me to go to Davao and recover there. He believes I would be able to do this. He started me with ARV. There are 2, I was given a month supply. It was explained to me that I have to start treatment first for TB before they start with ARV. This is normal procedure as the body won't be able to handle both. and it was not because I am dying and could no longer do anything about it.


I asked if I would be able to recover my cd4 count. the answer was yes, with the ARV.

There is so much I don't know.

But I am set, all my records were photocopied, I was given refferrals, I was given 2 months worth of TB meds. I am set to go to Davao, I have my ticket printed.

So wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...