Friday, June 17, 2011

learning

I was at the TB/HIV opd annex at RITM, for the check up and for my papers. and if you are there, your fellow HIV+ comes and go. Young and old. Most of them for arv refill. They come in all shapes and sizes. They are getting younger, I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing I guess as it was detected and being taking care off earlier. While, look at me, what happened to me. It was almost too late.

I encourage you to get tested.

I would recommend you get tested at RITM.

They are family there. I felt I was family in the short time, I was even only there 3 times, when I got tested, when I asked help to get confined and today when I got myself checked up. Shola, is the big sister.

And not to scare you, I did a lot of unprotected sex on bath houses. I have been around bathhouses and that if I feel horny, which basically is every week, on my off, I go to bathhouses and not chat at MIRC or find someone at Planetromeo. I did try to practice safe sex most of the time, specially this later years, but we are talking about, I started having sex 21, I am now 32...

So, if ever, you had unprotected sex at any bathhouses, I urge you to get tested. Well, if you had unprotected casual sex, get tested.

HIV now is as I also seen, is like having diabetis, or hypertension. With diabetis, it's your sugar you need to maintain, with hypertension, it's your blood pressure you watch out. with HIV, it's your immune system. all three will eventually require maintenance. HIV have ARVs.

It is not cureable. But then so is diabetis and hypertension. the secret to it is knowing about it and so you can monitor it and control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...