Saturday, February 4, 2012

Page 35 of 366

8:00 am: TB meds, 3 tabs, 6 left/2 days to go. ARV: zido/lami



Well, for all our sake, hope your prayers would be answered and that you'd be right...

Forgive me, I too have no full grasp of what happened and the why... Just that the Global Fund, an international organization created to fight the world's 3 most devastating disease: AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria... Monetary support from the Global Fund is what covers for the free ARV and health care support in the Philippines...

But then, Global Fund have pulled the plug... first, as to my understanding, being that there is not enough funds available anymore... and, as per justification, that the funds are just there for support for the government of the countries like the Philippines until such time that they would be self sufficient in the health care and support for these diseases...

But apparently, we were ready for the eventuality... sort of... PhilHealth would be shouldering the expenses of members for the year, 2012... not sure yet of the following years after...

Now, if you are employed, more likely you get salary deduction for Philhealth... but I was advised, people from RITM's ARG, that it would be more convenient if I pay as individual, even if it meant pying twice, as if it would be through the company you work for, you would need to secure a CF1 form from your HR everytime you need to use it... like for ARV refill and lab test... 

If like me, you failed to pay your contribution to PhilHealth for more than 3 months,  quarter... you have to wait and contribute for six months to be able to use it... 




TASK:
-Check up at DOTS
-PhilHealth, 300Php, before end of March. 
-Need to get new ID--PhilHealth
-Fix SSS
-officially resign


2 comments:

  1. I had gone last week/thurs actually to get my vital count. I found on tues that my cd4 has increased to 486 from 365 and my viral load has decreased to 14k from almost 1M, w/c im glad of; however, i was saddened that a friend i met @ sl during those time that we were debriefed by the infectious dr at the institution that he was confined there for 11 days. he ended up being anemic with first set of arv's, he had to buy 6 bags of plasma. I havent able to ask if they change his regime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing that did bother me was when he texted me that three dudes had died because of pneumonia. Im frantic that next week im gonna get me that pneumonia vaccine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...