Monday, February 6, 2012

Page 37 of 366




The problem kasi is that I hadn't have it... pa...? Hopefully, I won't... So wala akong first hand experience and don't really know about it... but then, being immuno-challenge, making me susceptible to it... and have been hearing about it at twitter and faceook... I decided to learn more of it...

Shingles 

sa tagalog Kulebra or Ahas... Herpes Zoster...

As to my reading, it is the same virus that cause chicken pox... bulotong tubig... Apparently, kahit tipong ni di mo na maalala kung kailan ka nagka-chicken pox... yung virus nasa katawan mo pa rin... inactive... and that it actually live in the nerve tissue... di daw masyadong clear kung bakit naactivate yung virus, but it is suspected kung nasusupress ang immune system... thus, here we are...

So pag naactivate yung virus ulit, ito yung Shingles...

Pagsakit ng ulo, then fever, and well general feeling na magkakasakit ka... yan early symptoms, tapos burning sensation, hypersensitivity, itching or "pins and needle" dun sa affected part ng skin... then yun, magbliblister na siya... and even after magheal yung blister, may lingering pain pa rin...

It's painful... unsightly... at mahal ang gamot... Acyclovir is commonly prescribed... it's an antivirus... and that you have to take it more than 5 times a day... plus topical cream... and they add in the Vit. B complex to take care of your nerves...


 

I should be at RITM today... problem is, aside from I am immuno challenge, I am too, financially challenge... didn't have money yet--mom, have send money na, but it was late already, and thought it is a Monday (usually, madami tao), so I decided that I'll just go tomorrow morning...

I need to be at DOTS... where there was a cute guy the last time, hope he is still there... Kasi nga, nagtest ulit ako ng positive for TB... and so may concern na baka multi drug resistant na siya because relapse nga siya... they ordered sputum culture, which will take two month, if I understood it right... and for the meantime, I was given TB meds for 1 month extension... after that, balik daw ako sa kanila... yun nga yung today sana... 

Siguro order sila ng Xray at Sputum test ulit... and... ewan, baka pabalikin ulit ako in a few days... kung lalabas na despite the TB meds for a month, eh may TB pa rin ako... Multi Drug Resistant na nga... ibig sabihin, immune na yung TB ko sa gamot... and I really don't exactly know ang next course of action... but what I am sure is that I am one or two step closer to my grave... or my urn... I intend to be cremated...

Pray for me guys... 




1 comment:

  1. weird...i apologized for conceding so much on your blog. i just want to say something hehe..wishing you wont get tired of me :( or your avid readers. last week to know my current vitals with golden finger [i.d dr..hehe..readers might know who that is if they go to @ slh] i asked her if they provide shingle vaccines; she said: we dont have that in here...although i too have read so much about that since i indebted myself to prolong my life and therefore get as much vaccine out there...lol....one of the explanations i read was that only oldies 65 and up only should get it and preferably not those with immune suppressed e.g. aida. golden finger had asked me where ive been hearing that, i answered with ive been reading about my situation on the net. she raised her voice dont read too much...lol...i just smirked at her. i wasnt mad because shes there all day. kapatid ko rin may pagkatibo, so talgang ganun sila.

    anyway, just wondering, have you inquired the other facilities? i mean if youre having difficulty with your finance, facility like slh may be able to help with discounts from that dept and/or plhiv assoc. could point u to where to get almost nil or free medical service, like the one in kamuning. i forgot the name of the hosp though.

    seriously, i thought about going at ritm because of the hosp reputation: cream the la cream daw for our situation. but its just way too far from where i live--isang sakay lang ng lrt samin nasa slh nakow. it normally doesnt take me 15 min's of everything, then im there. ive asked other beckys that live closed to ritm, within the vicinity of paranaque, of why going all the way here (slh) their normal responds were: they didnt want other beckys to know that they go to ritm to be checked for that. so, is it known in that area? hence, near vicinity plays a big role. i thought the same thing when i chose slh, that people might think that i go at slh because I need to be checked on u know what. i came to realize afterwards that us becky ended up staying there because were slighly leaning toward unable to pay the tantalizing amount in compared with other facilities. also, ive grown accustomed and friends with other plhiv's there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...