Friday, February 10, 2012

Page 41 of 366


Well, you provide me with something to blog about... and my readers, if I have any other than you... lol... may have the same concern as you... I am no medical practitioner or whatsoever... my knowledge about the disease is as limited and that I have not have, rather not been diagnose that long, to know a lot... like you... also intend to just read more and get to know more about the disease so to be able to live with it and not be dying from it... which brings me... about your doctor... it is not about reading much... the advise should have been, go ahead and read but don't always believe what you read... you must also verify the information that you get from reading... and assess this information... note, I am not claiming any expertise... this blog is no medical journal... this is a personal blog where in the blogger is living with HIV in a particular giving time and place... If any clarification and correction may arise, I am very open to them...


Yes, indeed... Shingles are more prevalent to older people... but  still cases of shingles with the younger demographic... I was actually made aware of it by 3 PLHIV, younger than me, being diagnose with it... 


Now, I don't know about RITM being creme de la creme... what I know is that San Lazaro is the center of HIV care and treatment in the country... you should know that all HIV test that tested positive in any hub or testing center needed to be sent to San Lazaro Hospital to be confirmed, without San Lazaro's confirmation, RITM's ARG won't have you... and to what I know, NGOs won't either... PGH also provides as excellent service as the other 2 hubs... 


I did confirm from ARG that RITM does cost more than SLH and PGH... 


I have always advised that in choosing a hub, the main consideration is location... you want to be near your hub as if anything comes up, you can go be checked immediately... but then some opts for their hub to be a distance away from there area, afraid that their condition be exposed...


I have not heard about an iron fortified rice, no one have recommended it to me whatsoever... and I don't watch TV, pardon me... but by all means... if you think it would help why not... I have been hearing one should eat that and that... heard about supposedly the wonders of malungay too from my mom... mom wants me to take honey even... what I think is just eat... eat well... eat a balance diet... make sure what you eat is clean, well cooked... and enjoy it... if you can't stand eating malungay anymore, don't, regardless how nutritious it is or how much wonders it can do, you can get the same nutrients it offer from other food...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...