Friday, April 13, 2012

dead tree format

It refers to media printed on paper as oppose to digital format such as on webpages... 

It does give a negative connotation,doesn't it...? Being that we cut trees to produce this paper... not so environmental friendly...

Hmmmmmm...

The Sy-led Philippine supermalls SM plans to cut down pine trees, about 182 of them, in Bagiuo to expand there mall there... the company said they have plan to relocate this trees, displaced them somewhere else, and in addition, they are to plant fifty sampling for every tree they are to transfer... 

I thought... people should moderate their greed... haven't they had enough fortune already...? 

Okay, so you want to expand your mall, sure, do it under the banner of progress... but can't you just hire architects and engineers who can incorporate the trees in the design of your structure...? I have always criticize SM for that... they simple just put up a box of a structure and that's it... aesthetics is the least of their concern...






Dumbfounded... I shouldn't really and so does you... we shouldn't give a shit about it... but I do like beauty pageants, bordering to being an enthusiast... not that I have any notion of it being relevant other than for entertainment... and I am not one of those who dreams of joining and winning one... I know there are a lot of you out there... I do dream about organizing one... but not as a participant...

Miss Universe is to allow transgender women into the competition starting 2013... 

Like, really?

This decision came in light with the Miss Universe Canada disqualifying a transgender candidate... I guess you had heard and read all of this already... she protested, getting LGBT groups on her back... and she won her case and have been reinstated as a candidate... and the Miss Universe Organization deciding they are to allow non-true born women a chance to wear the crown as the most beautiful woman in the universe... victory!!!

I guess...

I don't know... well, scientifically enhanced beauty have been accepted already... it's almost a norm now... how is a nose lift or a breast enhancement any different from castrating and taking hormonal pills...?

At least, they won't get pregnant while on their reign...?

I'm really not sure about the decision... but it come to mind the final question in the 1994 edition of Miss Universe... "What is the essence of being a woman?"

Not that I totally agreed that giving birth is the essence of being a woman as the 3 finalist implied... a woman being barren does not make her less of a woman... 

Perhaps I should look at it as not only would our daughters have the valid dream of being the most beautiful in the universe... our sons too would no longer be disqualified on the dream mainly because they are born that way...

Let me convince myself on that...

 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...