Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hardcore-eat-my-cum-technical-person

Have I mentioned that I am dyslexic...?

Well, I can't spell... spell check is a must for me... like really, I can't spell, I have bad grammar, I actually have no business blogging... hahahahahahahaha...

I am able to spell things now because I remember how it was written, not as normal people would do, spell a word by listening on how it sounds...

Anyhow, the first test was spelling... there were 30 words... you put on the head set, you press a key and you would hear the word being ask to spell... and the words are those really confusing one to spell... common... but confusing... like if it is spelled double C or double M... something like that... and that I just was not able to help but laugh because I knew I'm screwed... I won't hear the end of it from my brother if I fail on this...

But God is good... I actually pass... sure, there were five segments of the test... but you have to pass all the segments, it was not you fail one and pass the other four, your good... if you fail one, you fail... so really... like really... Good thing I read a lot...



Trying to remember, I don't think I really insist that I should be put on a hardcore technical account... I was offered AT&T... to which I asked if it is for customer care... I was told that it was customer care/technical support... So, I told my interviewer that if she would look into my resume that she would find that I didn't do well in customer care, I am no stranger to telecom company customer care, though not AT&T... but I didn't last there... but when I was put in technical support, alas, I lasted for 3 years... simply put, I think I would be utilize more if I am to be put on technical support rather than customer service... because that was what I was doing for the last three years... 

And I am not talking about technical support lets power cycle and if that didn't work, create ticket technical support... I was instructing customer to open their computer tower or the bottom of their laptop here... I do virus troubleshooting...

I'm just saying... but if that was the only one available or they really think that I would be right for AT&T... Okay, fine...

But then, the job would be at the Makati site... they have a site in Ortigas, where I went and another in Eastwood which is ten minutes away from me... so I told them, if I was to be ask, I prefer to be assigned at the Eastwood Site or if not, my second choice would be Ortigas Site... and that Makati would really be impractical for me... 

So, my interviewer, seeing my point and was really convinced with my argument, decided she would forward my application to the Eastwood Site, which incidentally houses hardcore technical accounts...

 
I did ask though, what if I fail in the account specific test or interview or whatnot... and my interviewer said that they would try to reprofile me for another account...

Because I was thinking, maybe I should just have accepted AT&T even if it was in Makati... I might be pushing my luck too much... I know I barely pass the spelling test... and the AT&T account was in the bag already... Now, I am still up there, have to wait until Friday for an interview at the Eastwood Site... prolonging the agony if I would make the cut or not... maybe, I should have not been picky, and just take the job I am being offered...

And really, I am not a hardcore-eat-my-cum-technical-guy... given that I have been doing computer troubleshooting for 3 years, first hardware then software... but half the time I didn't know what I was doing and that I just happened to know how to utilize google...

Argh...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...