Monday, April 9, 2012

Marang Season

Just got back from ten day vacation in Davao... arrived the evening of Black Saturday... no Durian... my brother bought durian twice while we were there, didn't give it a second chance... I had durian when I was there last year and I didn't like it for one bit... we were told that the 2 durian was of inferior quality... they think it was because it was not in season... what was in season was Marang... and we saw lots of mangosteen... I'm not much into fruits but I did like Marang... it taste like lanka (jackfruit) only more settle and it was white...
  

My dad and his family was from Davao... we, my brother and I stayed with my grandmother's... we didn't want to intrude at my dad's house as he was with someone else, not our mother, already... although we get along with our half brothers wonderfully... I still have issues about the other woman... I am not even comfortable referring to her as step mother... not that I was rude when we met her... I just didn't talk to her... I don't think we have business knowing her...

I don't know... it was not like I am still hoping my mom and dad will be together again... neither was it because of my mom... although I think that would be a valid argument... understandable, I owe it to my mom to hate the woman... 

I don't know what my father was thinking... he should have not...  knowing was different from actually personifying... I knew of her existence... but she was then just an abstract idea to me which I could shun out and not acknowledge... not feeling anything... now that she have become concrete... I have a target...

My grandmother's house was just a couple of blocks from the beach... there was a resort there, Vales Beach Resort... nothing fancy... not white sand but the water was crystal clear, it was nice... and very cheap... we went there the very next day we arrived in Davao... 




And then we were in Samal Garden Island, 2 days later... my dad was hoping we would do Samal Island later on our stay but then because of the long holiday the resort were fully booked already... so we went... 

We stayed at Paradise Island Resort, in Samal Island... it was nice... not a party island as Boracay and Puerto Galera... powder white sand... and crystal clear water...





And then we went to Philippine Eagle Center... I was a little disappointed... I was hoping to see the famed Eagles up close but it was not possible as aside from the cages are huge, they are perched way up... and that you have to understand, I am not exactly a nature guy... so not enjoyed it much... if you are... you would love it...







After Philippine Eagle Center we went to this resort which my dad had fond memories of... unfortunately, everything would just be a fond memory... the resort had deteriorated... it was Campo Agua... it was supposed to be a crocodile farm and a fishing resort... still had the best tinolang manok and inihaw na liempo... and my brother said the deep fried hito was also wonderful...

Now, if you really like nature and nature trekking is your thing, Eden Nature Park is a must... we were there... it was nice... but as I mentioned above, not really a nature person here...






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...