Tuesday, April 24, 2012

lost sight

What happened was that, RITM (Research Institute for Tropical Medicine) have a policy that a patient should have a companion... someone to watch over them and run errands like getting medicine... When I got confined, I was alone, so they were hesitant in admitting me, but neither would they want to turn me out because I was burning with fever... The people from ARG tried to arrange for someone to be with me for a fee... and it was not cheap... I did agree on it but they were not able to find someone then... and I still end up spending my first night in the hospital alone...




I have this shooting pain from my right buttocks all the way to my legs whenever I move... I am having a hard time standing up and walking... I don't know what happened... It's as if something hit it... it started just a few days after we got back from Davao... and I have tried applying ointments but to no avail... My brother suggest we go to a hilot... 

I don't know...


I have asked a friend and former colleague who now is with Convergys to  refer me... the first time, I think I missed it... I asked him again... this time I intentionally missed it...

I don't know... yeah, major face palm!!!


So, the plan... 

There is trying to win the lottery and doing full time social work for HIV patient... like well, I am to make myself on call if a patient needs someone to be with them when they get admitted... I am to tour the 3 hubs in Metro Manila, a hub a day... say Monday be at RITM, Tuesday be at PGH and Wednesday be at SLH, and so on and so fort, offering assistance, counseling and financial perhaps... 

That is if I win the lottery, to which I don't buy a ticket to...

Or, I get myself a call center job and do social work on my week day off... I have always forego weekends off, I don't like going on weekends... too much people anywhere... I give that to those who have family already... being single, I am fine with week days off...

I plan to put my name and contact information encase someone at RITM who would be in the same situation as I was... alone... I won't ask for money, not even for transportation or food... provided that I am on off that night... I would also need to make myself a counselor... I'm a bitch, I would have to learn not to be...

I need to give back...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...