Friday, November 4, 2011

Apparently, Cook is inlove with this Effy girl...

So, from the previous episode, when he saw her kissing Freddie, he went on a rampage, brutally beating some random guy... He got arrested for it and was made to live with his drunkard artist mother whom he hates... He was also expelled from school because of it...

Also found out, when Freddie visited him to see if he was okay, that he--Freddie--had sex with his mother when they were fifteen...

His baby brother, who idolized him, got into trouble, making their drunk mom throw a fit, blaming him for everything... Cook lashed out of the house with his brother and just did crazy things... 

But at the end of the day, Cook realized, his baby brother looks up to him and wouldn't want to screw his life like his... he went to surrender and accepted the consequences of his actions...




Just realized, it have been 5 months that I have been smoke free...

I have been confined at RITM for a week already before the doctors figured what was causing my fever then... Yes, it was confirmed that I was HIV+ and that my CD4 count was just 22, but what infected me to cause the fever was not clear... 

And that, during that week at RITM, despite it being prohibited, I was smoking in the room... although not as much... I used to have a pack a day... during my stay, I limit it to 3 sticks... and it was just 2-3 puffs and I was done...

The thing was, my x-ray came out clean... so did the skin test--they inject something in the surface of the skin and they see if it swells or not... it didn't... I have no trouble breathing whatsoever... just that I have observed, the only way to bring down the fever was if I was in an upright position... injecting paracetamol on my IV then doesn't help if I remain lying down... 

They only found out what was causing my fever when the result of the sputum test came about... I was positive on 3 counts of tuberculosis... That was June 3, I remember, it was my birthday and thought that it was my birthday gift... I welcomed it as it was frustrating that I was in the hospital for a week already, throwing up everything I forced myself to eat--didn't have appetite for anything, not even for spaghetti--and having fever that almost run 24 hours, and not knowing what was causing it... at least now, we know what it was and that we know how to try and fix it...

and I knew that I have to totally quit smoking...

It was easier than I thought... I think it was because I was too scared, but I didn't crave for it... I think it also help that none of the people around me smokes... I guess I was lucky in that way... I think I went to withdrawal... I remember breaking to cold sweat and trembling and feeling restless... but nothing "I NEED TO SMOKE!!!" I think my mind was that powerful to block the suggestion of smoking to my body... I didn't crave whatsoever... but I was also careful not to trigger it... like I don't want to drink coffee as I always smoke while having coffee... or I immediately go in my room and lock myself there after meal... I tried not to do things I used to do associated with smoking...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...