Wednesday, November 23, 2011

That is the scenic Mt. Mayon Volcano on my backdrop...

Luka-luka kasi ako, dapat advocacy ko anything that have something to do with HIV Aids, specially prevention... pero 'eto ako... Philippine Tourism ang promote ko... hehehehehehehehehe... bakit, bawal? Eh madami ng blog na ganun eh... and they know better... so hayaan ko na lang sila dyan...dito ko sa Philippine Tourism...

Anyhow, supposedly, my interview ako yesterday sa Ortigas... sa Centerpoint Building, Garnet Rd... sabi ni Gurlalu na naginterview sa akin over the phone, five blocks from Megamall... Checked ko sa google maps--tech!!!--di kasi ako familiar masyado sa Ortigas Center, kahit malapit pa siya... and yun... limang kanto nga siya... lalakarin ko... Okay, sige, titiisin ko yung sakit ng paa ko--may neuropathy pa kasi ako... gabapantin and neurobion seemed not working... pero yun nga, for the past days lalagnat ako and yun nga yung concern dun sa blood--read previous posts... so dasal ako... kasi di rin naman ako sure if I could work na... I don't know kung kaya ko ng mastress ng todo-todo... so hingi ako ng sign if i should go or not dun sa interview... 

It rained... it rained all morning...

Naawa na kasi ako kay mama... we barely can't make ends meet... so I was willing to go out na there and work... despite my neuropathy, despite not being sure if my body can handle stress na... tinanong nga ako ni mama if kung kaya ko na ba... sabi ko kailangan kayanin ko...pero ito nga, umulan... so dasal ako, eh paano na kasi...? 

My brother received a call, it's from a call center company, I sent din kasi his resume... and he was invited in... sa Makati, medyo malayo... pero sige na... bawal maging choosy...

Then I was giving him some pointers... una, the written test is usually logic, reading comprehension, internet navigation, and listening skills... 

If you pass the written exams... interview ulit... sa interview aside from well you have to speak English... dapat you make them know you are willing to learn, if you don't know something, asked or research on it... and that you are a fast learner...

I remember, sa first call center ko, in my initial interview, I was asked to describe to a blind girl that the balloon is colored perry winkle... I don't know what perry winkle was... and that I asked my interviewer what it is... I thought that cost me the job but apparently she liked it that I asked at di nagdunong-dunongan... if you don't know something, find out about it... ask questions...

And that, you must make your interviewer feel na you are eager to work and that you are hard working, tipong harangan ka man ng sibat, bumagyo, lumindol, papasok ka pa rin sa opisina...

Okay lang na medyo kinakabahan ka and admit it to your interviewer, they would understand that... okay lang yan, basta you can articulate yourself in English...

I was told before na one main stay question sa interview is why you want to work for their company... and ang sagot, kasi you heard that they have good compensation package... palaging correct ang sagot na yan... hehehehehehehe... kahit na in my case, the reason is usually kasi sila unang tumawag... palaging ganun ako... 3 call center, palaging sila yung una kasi tumawag...

I have never been a sales person... pero kung yung program na paglalagyan sa'yo sale program, one tanong is how would you sell something... usually something weird... like bagoong flavored candy... you don't try to sell it really, just tell them that you would study the product, know what it's for, highlight it's advantages and try to downplay it's disadvantages... 

Yun, I don't have an American accent, di naman na siya masyadong required... specially now na pwede mo na sabihin na you are outside the US, that you are in the Philippines... ako, sosyal, European daw... akala ko complement... di pala... hehehehehehehehehe... pero at least, di "are you from India?" hahahahahaha...



2 comments:

  1. hi.

    im newly diagnosed as hiv+. i badly need help from someone like you. pwede ba tayo magusap? kindly contact me jnatividad2011@gmail.com

    please... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. as much as I am willing to help you... I don't think I am qualified... but I know people who may help you...

    kung may twitter ka, you can add me @casuallypostiv and I will introduce you to them, para kami barkada...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...