Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Of course, I lied...

Sabi ko sa kanya, tuloy-tuloy yung pinaginom ko ng gamot until November to which kasi bumalik na ko dito Manila... In truth... after I got cleared of TB last August or September, I started skipping it... TB meds are so toxic... You would wake up feeling so alive, but once you take it... you start to feel so weak, you wouldn't even want to get out of bed to eat... that is how bad TB meds are... and she kept babbling about not following up with them even after I explained a couple of times that I was getting my meds in the province, and that I got a referral from DOTs, when it was actually still with ARG... That woman is one hell of a BITCH!!!

One more thing, when I got there, she was with another patient... she asked me to wait outside... not outside the door, but the street facing the window, where she can see me and call me if it is my turn... 

The air only changed when the Doctor, decided to go down to DOTs and see me personally... she was oh so sweet and nice... like really!!!

Doctor ordered one sputum test done in RITM, and Sputum culture... she have me buy two sputum cap, 15each... and told me the sputum test would be free but the sputum culture wouldn't be... and that it would cost over a thousand... she advised me to go back to ARG and have them stamp Philhealth on it to get it free... 

That worried me... syempre, gastos nanaman... at di niyo lang alam kung gaano kasakit pagnilalakad ko yung paa ko...

Now, when I arrived kasi sa ARG... it was already 11:30 at madami pang nauna sa akin so nagpaalam ako that I would run muna sa DOTs... okay naman sa kanila... when I was at DOTs, the nurse had my files/chart carried over there, kasi nga titignan ni Doc... so nung natapos ako sa DOTs, my files were left there... di rin kasi pwedeng ipadala sa akin yung chart ko kasi I offered na balikan ko... pero yun, naglunch na, and they forgot to get my files sa DOTs, napansin na lang nila ako nung umalis na si Doc... at wala nga yung chart ko...


Dun, naiyak ako... dun sa kinauupoan ko... di naman O.A. na iyak, naluha lang ako... kasi pinoproblema ko na yung sputum culture, tapos ito pa, wala na ako efav na iinomin, di pwedeng ipagpabukas, wala na ko pamasahe...


Buti napabalik nila si Doc... and that kahit wala pa yung chart ko, I explained what was going on and I have the copies for test results... ayaw niya palitan, kasi my hemoglobin nga daw eh mababa... I explained kailangan na palitan yung stavudine kasi I have been suffering from neuropathy at sobrang sakit na siya... and that the other doctor consulted her fellow kaya nagpaorder ng another test, yun nga bago: the Na/K, cholesterol and the other one... everything came out normal cholesterol, slightly above... hehehehehehehehehe... so yun... I explained that and so the doctor decided she would switch me to Zidovudine, I asked why not Tenofovir which the previous doctor was suggesting... ang sagot ng hitad, "mahal yun eh..." Natanga ako dun... parang ano connect? Ah... mahal and tenofovir, pangsosyal lang yun, so di bagay sa'yo... ganun ba yung ibig niya sabihin?


O sige, Zido na kung Zido, basta hopefully mawala neuropathy ko!!!


Then she said close monitoring daw ako, once na nanghina ako at namutla, I should stop immediately, get CBC and go back at ARG... malakas daw kasi magpababa ng hemoglobin... magpaanemic ang Zido... which I am already is... so why was she giving me a drug that would worsen the condition? I actually googled Tenofovir... anemia didn't come out as one of it's side effects...? 


Pero sige, ikaw doctor eh, it is your call... so I asked, which I think was pretty logical naman... you decide... is there anything I can take or eat just to counter anemia... pampataas ng dugo? like for example should I take iron supplement... si doctor natanga... and then sabi niya no, kasi madami daw components ang dugo, which actually I was made aware kasi nga dun sa mga test na pinatake sa akin... pero kasi feeling ko ang stupid niya or out of mind lang siya so di ko na pinilit yung mga questions ko... sabi ko, google ko na lang sa bahay ulit...


And so yun, akala ko, they would just give me a month supply... kasi observe nga muna... pero di eh... 3 months supply yung nasa reseta, eh di okay... 


And then yun, I asked Ate Let about the sputum culture kung she have any idea magkano... she said it is for free, care of daw ng DOTs, I explained to her na sabi sa akin sa DOTs, nung nurse nga dun na I would pay for it... sabi ni Ate Let, di daw, and I was able to verify it sa lab... and that when I submitted my sputum for the sputum test, sabi nila they can use the same sample for culture... 


Luka talaga yung nurse sa DOTs, buti pa si Miss Mameng na kahit medyo aligaga eh, mabait naman... eh ito... hay naku!!!


I got done 4 na in the afternoon... 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...