Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fiction 001

(READ: crush ko yan si Wanggo eh...)

“We've met...” he said, as he seats next to me at the couch, hinihintay ko si Bobby... We have been corresponding through text and even talked over the phone even before I was confirmed, but we actually have not met. Darating daw siya, I though about time that we meet.

I recognized the man, he have matured. Nawala na yung boyish charm niya that won't let you suspect he have something to say, that he was smart, well informed... there was a hint of intimidation on his tone, that deserve more than a nod... “Yes,” I answered, looking at him straight in the eyes...

“In Malate,” he continued.

“Years ago,” I answered, not backing out.

“Problem is, I don't go to Malate,” he said.

“You did,” I countered.

“I have not.” he countered back.

I thought anong point. I back out.

“I also read in your blog that you have a crush on me,” he said.

“Well, if you were not in Malate then it was not you who I had a crush on,” I answered.

Di niya yata inexpect yun, his mouth open in mid-air...



“It happened years ago, I couldn't even remember which bar or what we have talked about, we actually didn't talk, we were in a group, you were not talking to me directly...” I said.

“Hi, I'm Alex...” pakilala ko sa sarile.

“Wanggo,” he answered.


Silence... I'm not really good at meeting people... what do you talk about?


“So how long have you known?” he asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence after introduction. Apparently, that is what you talked about... and I was deciding if it was a personal question, thus inappropriate to ask, but then, “I have known for quite sometimes... I just had not had myself tested... but I knew...”

“How...?” he asked discerningly, ready to attack any fallacies I might say.

“Even Thor, who is a son of God Odin, will test positive if he have as much sex as I had...” I answered.

Nangiti siya, natawa ng mahina.
“I got tested just a few months ago...” sabi ko, “I was confined, high fever, for weeks... my lab result shows nothing, X-ray was clear, skin test was negative, it showed in my sputum that I have TB... mainly because my cd4 count is just 22...”

“Pero okay ka na?” tanong niya.

“Still recovering...I lost everything, I'm starting over again...”

“I see...”

“And with HIV, are we really okay...?”

“Well, HIV is like having diabetes, or hypertension... walang gamot sa mga sakit din yan,” he answered, I heard this before, but coming from him, medyo mas reassuring... siguro kasi positive din siya, and for years na. “they just have to take maintenance, tulad ng ARV natin...”

Nginitian ko lang siya.




“Di na daw makakaratting si Bobby,” sabi ni ate Let, “may emergency daw siya.”

“Ah okay...” sagot ko, “Eh di, I'll go ahead na...”

“Sige...” sabi ni Ate Let, “Ingat na lang.”

Tumayo na ko, tumayo din si Wanggo.

“Nice meeting you,” sabi ko sa kanya...

“Want to grab some coffee...?” he asked.

Gusto ko... pero... “No,” sagot ko. Kasi masarap sa kape yosi, eh di na ko yoyosi... baka pagnagkape, hanapin ko...

“Can I have your number instead?”

Ah, sure... ano nga ba number ko?

“Can I get your number instead? Di ko kasi alam number ko eh,” nahihiya kung tanong.

“Okay...” sabi naman niya.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...