Tuesday, September 13, 2011

puro supsup, nakakasuya na...?

2 bomba sumabog sa S. Cotabato, pero ang headlines pa rin si Shamcey... paano pa kaya kung naiuwi niya ang korona...?

Let's just assess...

1st, I was so happy that it was Portugal who won the online vote and be one of the finalist... And that Shamcey got in the top 16 out of her own merits... note, Lea Salonga was not one of the judges at the preliminaries, she just actually arrived at San Paolo that day...

Shamcey didn't have the best body so I got worried when after the swimwear competition, they were going to cut 6 girls out... of course she got in, and I was surprise that Venezuela didn't make it...

There was an online scoring, NBC.com/uscore... that was what was showing on screen instead of the judges score... of course, I scored all the candidates 1 and giving Philippines 10... as I said I don't care about being objective, I am a Filipino and no way will I vote against my fellow Filipino... or in this case Filipina... which is why I rather the judges scores as in theory, the judges are being objective--I believe in my heart Ma'am Lea Salonga didn't care either and just scored Shamcey 9.9 every time... and not being patriotic...

Evening gown competition... Shamcey's gown is from Colombia... Why? I also read on Facebook that it was a recycled gown, Ms Colombia actually have worn the same gown already... Okay, so Monique (Lhuillier) was busy because of fashion week... but Rajo? Ortiz? Sotto? Moreno... well not Pitoy... but we do have a lot of designers...? Talented designers!!! Anyhow, it is not the gown, it is how the candidate carry the gown... Shamcey did a good job, I had no doubt she would make it to the top 5 by then... I was also blown away by Angola, then on I know she would give Shamcey a run for the crown... actually, if Philippines was not in the competition, I have my money on Angola... So, they made it... fan vote showing Angola number 1 and Philippines, 2nd... 

note: see through gown huh? nice, didn't Caville have done that years ago already?


5 finalist: Ukraine, Philippines, China, Brazil, and Angola...

It was noted by many that it was only Philippines who didn't need an interpreter... well, we shouldn't, after all English is our 2nd language... now TV patrol asked in their poll, should we start answering in Filipino, well, we have that option, if we are not comfortable answering in English, why not, surely... Ms. Universe Org., won't fault us with it and furnish us with an interpreter...

Angola, can speak English, I saw her video, the "if you believe there is life in other planets?" she was speaking in English, but I guess she didn't want to gamble, and not all too confident on her English, she chose to answer in her native tongue...

Many believed Shamcey should have placed better, she gave a good answer and she gave the answer very well... I agree... I actually thought it was between Angola and Philippines... not because of patriotism but we all heard... not that the other 3 girls didn't give a good answer, it was actually a tough one, even China who was asked about nude beaches and answered something about respecting other cultures, it was good... but it was between Philippines and Angola... no doubt about it... But then...

Oh, 1st thing 1st... the questions are not from the judges, as Ma'am Lea have twitted, the questions were given to them by the organizers, it was pre-written for them... that was very interesting... she twitted as everyone though Ma'am Lea gave an easy question to Ms. Angola... she should have asked something like how can she end tribal wars in Africa... and on a funny note, asked where Elisa is... but it was not her question, she just read the question...

I think what happened was, though it is admirable that Shamcey made a stand about her religion and what she believes in, I think it would have been better if she was more diplomatic about it... like saying their love would transcend religion... her answer can be perceived as very opinionated, even discriminatory to other religion... 

What I think made Ms Angola win is not only her answer, and aside from she was stunning, was that she laughed when the interpreter kept interrupting her... It showed personality and sense of humor... I think that was what made her win the crown...


Yes, it have been almost 4 decades since we last won, but we have 2 Miss Universe, there are 89 countries and territories competing... the pageant is 60 years old... so medyo lamiyado pa... plus we place from time to time... special award dito at dyan... alam niyo ba na tayo ang may pinakamaraming Ms. Photogenic award...?

Next year mananalo tayo... kasi after another 20 years, sa 2014, ihohost natin ulit, for the 3rd time, and Miss Universe... magpapatayo kaya si Trump dito ng tower niya... basta, mananalo tayo next year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...