Saturday, September 17, 2011

That was a long post...

That's Brokeback Mountain, by Anne Proulx... I thought better read than watch... not that the movie was bad... it was excellent... just that I am more into reading...

A post from Daniel (http://livingpozitively.blogspot.com) asking when would it be the right time to tell... the premise was that he have a friend who recently found out he have the virus... and is actively dating, wanting to find that one special someone... and that he asked when is the right time to disclose HIV status...  

Contemplating on the question, I thought... we could still date and hope for forever after?!? Hmmmm... well, even prior to getting sick and finding out I have the virus, I actually never prioritized love and having someone... it was way below my list actually... and that really, if it wasn't for sex and vanity--I get such a high when I walk pass the bar and heads turn to watch me go by, my insecurities forgotten for the mean time...

But now that I have confirmed that I am a carrier--you see I have always known, but have not confirmed before--I can no longer just sleep around, I need to let the other party... or parties--I like group fun--about my condition first... I don't have, to I guess, I don't think there is any law, at least here, that requires me to... but I think I am morally oblige to do so...

Hmmmmmm...? And I don't think I just want to disclose my status with just anyone, someone I just met... or do I... I am actually contemplating on coming out to the world... at least putting my face out there, that I am a PLHIV... and I am leaning to that maybe a good idea but first, I need to look healthy--be in my tip top shape and beautiful again, too thin right now, still looking sickly... and that may come across negatively to people--I think it would help with my advocacy... well, most set on prevention, I am set to getting people know their HIV status... I really believe here in Manila, specially the gay community, is that either they are HIV+ or they don't know their HIV status...

But that is months from now... I actually have not come back to the gym... have not perform an ounce of exercise...

I think it should be upfront so not to waste time and effort of getting to know each other and liking each other... I think before that happens, you should disclose first your HIV status... as it could be a huge deal breaker... 

But then, what do I know...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...